WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessibility Program Questionnaire

for

Date: Nov 1, 2018 10:28PM

Thank you, Philip and Ryan.

Philip, the document you sent was extremely helpful to guide questions for our questionnaire.

Ryan, I will definitely check the link out.

Our goal is to try to see what other companies are doing for digital accessibility (whether they have a formal program in place, and as much detail as we can get about it without asking essay questions).

A few things we are interested in knowing is if companies with digital accessibility programs scan entire websites/web applications or if they only scan a subset of screens. Also, how often do they conduct scans. If anyone has insight into this or related topics, I would greatly appreciate hearing more.

Thanks again,
Lily

> On Nov 1, 2018, at 9:55 PM, Ryan E. Benson < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> I don't have a thought about a questionnaire, but the government has put together a document on how to stand up a government 508 program. Some parts may not be directly applicable. You can find it at https://section508.gov/tools/playbooks/
>
> --
> Ryan E. Benson
>
>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:29 AM Lily Sedaghat via WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>> Hi, my company wants to start up a formal accessibility program and we're putting together a questionnaire to gauge how other institutions are running their accessibility program (if they have a team, target conformance level, etc). Since this group has a lot of people who have already gone through this, I was wondering if you could provide some insight into sample questions and the types of questions we should be asking. The questions should be short answer (yes, no), multiple choice, or couple sentence responses at most. Since we can send this out only once, I want to be sure we are getting the most out of it. Any insights and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> Lily
>> >> >> >>