WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Nuance PowerPDF Advanced is now Kofax PowerPDF Advanced

for

Date: Nov 11, 2019 3:21PM

Hi Karen,

> Yes, I was looking for a way, not to ad your e-mail to the post, to have people contact you. I couldn't find anything called "Contacts." Or "Contact Us."

'tis also at the bottom of each page, but I am taking your point; we could do better on that, thanks for the tip.

> The Nuance update was not on my radar, but nice to know it will be updated.

To be clear: I cannot and do not speak for Kofax! For obvious reasons I cannot comment on acquisitions or mergers or any stuff like that at all, ever. Literally all I can tell you is that Nuance is a member of the PDF Association in 2019, and appears as such on the organization's website.

<snip>

> Duff, can you keep us posted on any progress you or the PDF Association is making regarding continued support for tagged PDF by PowerPDF Advanced? Can I presume that the PDF Association is also working with Foxit for Business to ensure that their entry into tagged PDF will evolve and continue?

So.. and this is generally true… I cannot ever speak about what specific vendors are doing, or plan to do; it's entirely for them to say.

I CAN say (or more properly, point to) other positive developments in the world of "vendors offering tagged PDF" - I'm actually preparing an article at this moment about an exciting (and very much already public) recent development in tagged PDF creation.

<advocacy>
That said, I believe are exactly right to communicate with the vendors that matter to you and ask them to support tagged PDF, and do it well. That's something best done by users such as yourself, and the more the merrier, because that's how you get results.
</advocacy>

Duff.