WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: What screen-readers highlight words as they are read?


From: David Engebretson Jr.
Date: Aug 30, 2021 9:44AM

I used to use a program called Vortex (24 years ago) it was free but I don't know if it is still around. Then I moved to Zoom Text (up until 20 years ago when I went full on screen reader). ZoomText isn't free but it's a powerful tool for sure.

Both Vortex and ZoomText were great for highlighting words while reading. I especially liked that it auto scrolled so the word that was being read stayed in the middle of the screen.

Hope you find what you are looking for!