E-mail List Archives
Re: when is a list not a list?
From: Patrick H. Lauke
Date: Feb 25, 2022 8:11PM
- Next message: Niranjan Vala: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Previous message: Aditya: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Next message in Thread: Niranjan Vala: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Previous message in Thread: Aditya: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- View all messages in this Thread
AT here are seeing that list as completely devoid of content (as that aria-label is not - consistently at least - seen as an appropriate stand-in for content here) and choosing to just not announce it
> On 26 Feb 2022, at 02:33, glen walker < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> ï»¿There was no aria-label on the real list example and it wasn't read there
> either. Not sure why the aria-label would prevent things from being read
> anyway. What makes you say that?
>> On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 7:23 PM Aditya via WebAIM-Forum <
>> <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>> aria-label on a div seems to be why they are not reading it.
>> If you were to remove aria-label and use âsr-onlyâ spans inside the list
>> item divs, it might work.
> > > >