WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 212, Issue 10 Articulate

for

Date: Nov 13, 2022 3:29PM

Hi Bevi,
I am a learning designer and regularly use Articulate as part of my work. Articulate is preferred by most of my clients, but it is absolutely not the most accessible authoring tool available for content creation. Having said that, over the years the level of accessibility with Articulate has improved. A good designer can now make an accessible eLearning using Articulate.

When Articulate Rise was introduced to the Articulate suite of software a few years ago it was completely inaccessible, so Articulate Storyline was the only option I would work with. I have heard the accessibility for Rise has improved recently. I haven't taken the time to test Rise since the latest updates. My understanding is the prescribed templates for both Rise and Storyline still don't meet accessibility standards so l choose to create all my designs in Storyline where I can set up my own navigation. Articulate Rise is based on an embedded menu structure. With Storyline I can avoid the prescribed menus and templates and ensure I have the greatest control of user experience.

Cheers,
Lyndal Box
LB Learning Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Saturday, 12 November 2022 6:00 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 212, Issue 10

Send WebAIM-Forum mailing list submissions to
<EMAIL REMOVED>

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://list.webaim.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/webaim-forum
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
<EMAIL REMOVED>

You can reach the person managing the list at
<EMAIL REMOVED>

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of WebAIM-Forum digest..."