WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessible wikis

for

Date: May 23, 2024 9:26AM

Thanks, Dean. Document360 is crazy expensive, but Nuclino is just what we're looking for. The accessibility isn't terrible, but there are quite a few issues, some of which I would not be comfortable with. In case anyone else is looking for an accessible wiki, I have reported the following issues to Nuclino:

*   Nuclino only supports h1, h2 and h3 headings, but we have content that requires h4 headings and ideally it would support h5 and h6.
 *   You cannot correctly mark-up column headers in tables. The “Enable header” feature only makes the column headers bold. It should change the <td> elements to <th> elements, ideally with scope=”col” attributes.
 *   You cannot mark-up row headers in tables at all.
 *   The PDF export feature creates untagged PDFs. A workaround is to make the item public, then save the public page as a PDF, which takes rather longer.
 *   The to-do list contains checkboxes, but they are just images of checkboxes, not real ones, so the role and value are not conveyed programmatically.
 *   You can add comments, but they are added to the bottom of the DOM, so they are not in the correct place in the reading order.
 *   The presence of comments is only conveyed by a change of background colour.

If they just fixed the issues with the headings and data tables, I could live with everything else. So, the search continues for now.

Steve