E-mail List Archives
Accesskey - Is this accurate?
From: Glenda Watson Hyatt
Date: Oct 24, 2001 1:58PM
- Next message: Mike Burks: "Olympic Site"
- Previous message: Jon Gunderson: "RE: [D] "
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
The accesskey does not work across platforms. PCs have Alt buttons; Macs
have Cmd. In the above example, typing Alt C on a PC would take individuals
to the Table of Contents; typing Cmd C on a Mac may not have the same
Is it accurate to say accesskeys are "platform-specific"? Or can browsers
interpret this difference?
Glenda Watson Hyatt
Soaring Eagle Communications
"Creating freedom and power through accessible communications"
E Mail: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Want to know how to make your website accessible to more people?
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter by emailing