E-mail List Archives
RE: Long form legends
From: Joelle Tegwen
Date: May 31, 2005 10:51AM
- Next message: Thomas Jedenfelt: "Re: Long form legends"
- Previous message: Rainer Wagener: "RE: Long form legends"
- Next message in Thread: Thomas Jedenfelt: "Re: Long form legends"
- Previous message in Thread: Rainer Wagener: "RE: Long form legends"
- View all messages in this Thread
It's bad for us to have <br>s inside the legend because Mac browsers wrap
the legend text automatically and if the browser window is smaller than we
predict then the legend scrolls and <br>s and it looks awful.
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Rainer Wagener
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:17 AM
To: Christian Heilmann; WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: RE: [WebAIM] Long form legends
> > Note the <br> tags in the legends. We need these for
> some browsers because
> > they don't wrap the legend automatically and some of
> those don't accept
> > styling on the legend tag.
> What you could do is only apply the BRs via scripting for certain
> browsers. That is the road to destruction though.
Why is it so bad to have <br> inside <legend>?
Are there any practical problems with screen readers or other ATs ?
Or is this basically a semantic approach (good code)?
Tel.: 062 21 - 60 05 81