E-mail List Archives
From: Joe Clark
Date: Feb 20, 2006 3:10PM
- Next message: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "RE: Screen-reader updates"
- Previous message: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "RE: Flash and CSS"
- Next message in Thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "RE: Screen-reader updates"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
Joshue O Connor:
>but those screen readers can be phenomenally expensive... JAWS,
>industry-standard in screen readers, costs as much as $600 just for
>an upgrade... Screen reader upgrades (JAWS anyway), are very
I'm not going to run the numbers again, but that oft-repeated
shibboleth was conclusively debunked in my PDF article:
Some significant screen-reader upgrades are in fact free. If someone
wants to do an update I'll link to it.
Joe Clark | <EMAIL REMOVED>
Expect criticism if you top-post