E-mail List Archives
Olympics 2002 site, accessibility issues and regulations
From: John Goldthwaite
Date: Jan 24, 2002 6:14AM
- Next message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: Access keys, ie6"
- Previous message: Susannah_Kinley@moh.govt.nz: ""
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
The only certain regulation that would cover the Olympics site would be
Section 504 of the Rehabiliation Act which requires all entities receiving
Federal funds to make their programs accessible to persons with
disabilities. A consumer could file a complaint with the US Dept. of Labor
Office of Contract Compliance. This would not require that the site be
developed to Section 508 standards or to WAI guidelines, but that it be made
accessible OR the information be provided in some other way such as
Eventually Title II of ADA should apply to Website as places of public
accommodation but there has been no court case to test that.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or view list archives,