E-mail List Archives
Re: accessibility for deaf
From: Penny Roberts
Date: Apr 19, 2006 3:20AM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: accessibility for deaf"
- Previous message: Penny Roberts: "Re: Moz/FF extension"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: accessibility for deaf"
- Previous message in Thread: Christian Heilmann: "Re: accessibility for deaf"
- View all messages in this Thread
Christian Heilmann wrote:
>> * If using any kind of multimedia (video, audio, flash) use
>> captions (both for spoken words and non-speech information)
> I think that is the only real practical scenario where there is a real
> strong need for a change of the product to help deaf users. It is
> never a good plan to rely on audio alone to offer any functionality,
> content or send warnings. I for one never have audio on on this laptop
> as we listen to the radio at the office.
I visited a site the other day which started with a message along the
lines of "You must have sound enabled to use this site". I've no idea
what gems of information were in the audio - here in the library system
nearly all machines have sound disabled :-)