E-mail List Archives
Re: LIFT Text Transcoder
From: Tim Beadle
Date: Jul 25, 2006 1:50AM
- Next message: vivek: "Hangman game for feedback"
- Previous message: Philip Kiff: "RE: LIFT Text Transcoder"
- Next message in Thread: Jason Taylor: "Re: LIFT Text Transcoder"
- Previous message in Thread: Philip Kiff: "RE: LIFT Text Transcoder"
- View all messages in this Thread
On 24/07/06, Ann Jenkins < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone on this list has any experience with or an opinion
> about the LIFT Text Transcoder
> html). I just got off the phone with someone from a large university, and
> they are looking into purchasing this product for the university. I don't
> know anything about the product except what is on their web site, and I
> realize UsableNet LIFT products are reputable, but somehow this feels like a
> quick fix, too good to be true solution to their web accessibility problems.
> I felt a bit alarmed that they think this can meet their government required
> accessibility problems. Any thoughts? Is it better than nothing?
> Looking forward to your thoughts.
I had LIFT brought to my attention by by boss back in 2003. I blogged
about it here (and got a response from Usablenet!):