WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: funding possibilities

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Tue, Sep 25 2001 10:18AM
Subject: funding possibilities
No previous message | Next message →

Morning all -
I am a Cognitive Psychology Graduate student and I am very interested in researching accessibility issues for the disabled. Unfortunately, I do not have the computers and software that I need to accomplish this task. I would also like to hire at least one disabled student worker to analyze web pages and give me feedback as to what they like/dislike. I have been looking online for funding but have been unsuccessful so far. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities that I might be able to apply for?
Thank you for your time and help.
Jason D. Addie
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Cognitive Psychology Graduate Student
Arizona State University
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Date: Wed, Sep 26 2001 12:50AM
Subject: Re: funding possibilities
← Previous message | Next message →

Jason,
I do not know of any particular funding sources but we have a bibliography of online grant and funding sources at our web site.
http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/grant/grants.html
There are also many print directories with this information, as well as subscription databases. Go to your university's library and ask a reference librarian for help. You could also check with the Arizona State Library.
Jason Addie wrote:

Morning all -
I am a Cognitive Psychology Graduate student and I am very interested in researching accessibility issues for the disabled. Unfortunately, I do not have the computers and software that I need to accomplish this task. I would also like to hire at least one disabled student worker to analyze web pages and give me feedback as to what they like/dislike. I have been looking online for funding but have been unsuccessful so far. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities that I might be able to apply for?
Jason D. Addie
Arizona State University
--
Cheryl Kirkpatrick
Web Administrator/
Information Technology Librarian
South Carolina State Library
http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/
Telephone: 803.734.5831

Date: Tue, Sep 25 2001 3:05PM
Subject: Re: funding possibilities
← Previous message | No next message

Jason,

I found a whole list of resources at:
http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/Memorial/grants/proposal.htm

Mark
----- Original Message -----
To: 'WebAIM forum'
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 12:14 PM
Subject: funding possibilities

Morning all -
Jason D. Addie
Arizona State University