WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Experience with Evinced

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Wed, Sep 13 2023 7:27AM
Subject: Experience with Evinced
No previous message | Next message →

Hello list,

Does anyone have any experience with Evinced? ( https://www.evinced.com/ )

It doesn't appear to be an overlay solution, or at least not entirely...

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com

Date: Wed, Sep 13 2023 8:03AM
Subject: Re: Experience with Evinced
← Previous message | Next message →

Evinced is a new startup that I personally think has lots of potentials. I have witnessed their products and what they have to offer. They seem to have great products to support DevOps and CI-CD.

Their products tend to target UX Designers, Developers and QA Testers. They also support A11Y engineers big time. Where they might fall short a bit is with their business-side of the equation. For example, if you want directors, VPs or other business inclined individuals to track the A11Y improvement trend, they may not have enough charts, tables and reports to provide such data.

If your focus is on the technical roles I have mentioned above, then Evinced will have plenty of tools to support CI-CD. I have found some of their products to be quite impressive.

I'd like to conclude with the one fact that despite of AI and automation, manual testing and A11Y consultants will always be required in the foreseeable future. AI has not gotten robust enough to replace manual testing. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I do not foresee it replacing manual testing. There are so many variables and gray areas that AI might have difficulty resolving now and in the foreseeable future.

I hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > On Behalf Of Tom Livingston
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 8:28 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: [WebAIM] Experience with Evinced

Hello list,

Does anyone have any experience with Evinced? ( https://www.evinced.com/ )

It doesn't appear to be an overlay solution, or at least not entirely...

--

Date: Wed, Sep 13 2023 8:20AM
Subject: Re: Experience with Evinced
← Previous message | No next message

Thanks. I am aware of the needs for human testing but I'm just looking
for beefier tools.

Thanks!

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 10:03 AM jp Jamous < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> Evinced is a new startup that I personally think has lots of potentials. I have witnessed their products and what they have to offer. They seem to have great products to support DevOps and CI-CD.
>
> Their products tend to target UX Designers, Developers and QA Testers. They also support A11Y engineers big time. Where they might fall short a bit is with their business-side of the equation. For example, if you want directors, VPs or other business inclined individuals to track the A11Y improvement trend, they may not have enough charts, tables and reports to provide such data.
>
> If your focus is on the technical roles I have mentioned above, then Evinced will have plenty of tools to support CI-CD. I have found some of their products to be quite impressive.
>
> I'd like to conclude with the one fact that despite of AI and automation, manual testing and A11Y consultants will always be required in the foreseeable future. AI has not gotten robust enough to replace manual testing. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I do not foresee it replacing manual testing. There are so many variables and gray areas that AI might have difficulty resolving now and in the foreseeable future.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WebAIM-Forum < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > On Behalf Of Tom Livingston
> Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 8:28 AM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
> Subject: [WebAIM] Experience with Evinced
>
> Hello list,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Evinced? ( https://www.evinced.com/ )
>
> It doesn't appear to be an overlay solution, or at least not entirely...
>
>
> --
>
> Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
> ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com
>
>
> #663399
> > > > > > > --