WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: thoughts on skip login

for

Number of posts in this thread: 5 (In chronological order)

Date: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:55AM
Subject: thoughts on skip login
No previous message | Next message →

I'm looking for peoples opinions on this idea. The site I'm working on has a login module on a majority of the pages. I want to place a skip login link at the beginning of the module, it would behave just like a skip navigation link. Can any one see any issues or problems with this?

Thanks,
Mark

Date: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:10AM
Subject: Re: thoughts on skip login
← Previous message | Next message →

If you are only skipping one or two fields you are not really adding any value to the user.

Mike Moore
(512) 424-4159

-----Original Message-----
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Mark Guisinger
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:53 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] thoughts on skip login

I'm looking for peoples opinions on this idea. The site I'm working on has a login module on a majority of the pages. I want to place a skip login link at the beginning of the module, it would behave just like a skip navigation link. Can any one see any issues or problems with this?

Thanks,
Mark

Date: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:15AM

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Mark Guisinger < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
> I'm looking for peoples opinions on this idea.  The site I'm working on has a login module on a majority of the pages.  I want to place a skip login link at the beginning of the module, it would behave just like a skip navigation link.  Can any one see any issues or problems with this?

Could you have a link to login which leads to a secure login page
instead? change the link to logout once logged in.

ben
--
Ben Morrison

Date: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:10AM

...especially if you already have a skip to main content option

Date: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:25AM
← Previous message | No next message

In this module you have to select the type of account then you get the username and password fields, plus we have about 5 extra links that we are legally obligated to have in the module. So there is more to it than just the 2 fields.

Mark

----- Original Message ----
From: "Moore,Michael (DARS)" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Wed, November 18, 2009 10:06:45 AM
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] thoughts on skip login

If you are only skipping one or two fields you are not really adding any value to the user.

Mike Moore
(512) 424-4159

-----Original Message-----
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Mark Guisinger
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:53 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] thoughts on skip login

Thanks,
Mark