WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] byOracle.

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Wed, Oct 26 2016 11:29AM
Subject: Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] byOracle.
No previous message | Next message →

My understanding is that this is an application that is entirely JAVA based but I don't have direct access to it sadly. Email me privately at = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = if you wish to talk about it more.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:44 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Cc: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.
Importance: High

Is there a way I can look at this? I wonder if we need to make sure that the "Access Bridge" is not needed.

From: Bishop, Jeff - (jeffbis) [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.

I have a friend that works in the industry in Arizona who uses JAWS with the PMS. Specialized scripts had to be developed and they use the JAVA Access Bridge as a part of that framework.

I can get you in contact with them if needed.

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Srinivasu Chakravarthula
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 11:30 PM
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.

Hi folks,

Mujeeb (copied here) is looking for accessibility state of Opera Property Management System (PMS) by Oracle). They are in process of having a few of their clients who happens to be blind employed at a hospitality industry who uses this software; but it looks like the same is not accessible using screen readers such as JAWS / NVDA.

Can someone help?

Regards,

Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
Website: http://www.srinivasu.org | http://serveominclusion.com

Let's create an inclusive web!

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica Hon. Joint Secretary, The National Association for the Blind, Karnataka Branch

Date: Wed, Oct 26 2016 11:30AM
Subject: Re: Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] byOracle.
← Previous message | Next message →

Hyatt has engaged Oracle on this but I am not sure on how or in what status. Again, email me privately to engage further on this as I don't want to clutter the list.

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:05 AM

I understand all that. All I wanted to know was if Access Bridge might be needed. If you've checked that and it is not needed, then I'd like to determine why JAWS isn't working and since this is an Oracle product, I'd like to help if I can.
Are there any tickets/bugs reported to Oracle?

From: Moore,Michael (Accessibility) (HHSC) [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:48 AM

The easiest way to determine if the Java Access Bridge is needed is to determine if the Java Runtime Environment is required JRE. If the JRE is required then the accessibility hooks are hidden in the JAB - the next issue will be determining which version and getting everything to behave properly together. We have run into a lot of problems with Java based applications for this reason. - This is not to be confused with JavaScript, the only thing that the JS and Java have in common is that both have Java in their name...

Mike Moore
Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Civil Rights Office
(512) 438-3431 (Office)

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:44 AM

Is there a way I can look at this? I wonder if we need to make sure that the "Access Bridge" is not needed.

I have a friend that works in the industry in Arizona who uses JAWS with the PMS. Specialized scripts had to be developed and they use the JAVA Access Bridge as a part of that framework.

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Srinivasu Chakravarthula
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.

Hi folks,

Mujeeb (copied here) is looking for accessibility state of Opera Property Management System (PMS) by Oracle). They are in process of having a few of their clients who happens to be blind employed at a hospitality industry who uses this software; but it looks like the same is not accessible using screen readers such as JAWS / NVDA.

Can someone help?

Regards,

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica Hon. Joint Secretary, The National Association for the Blind, Karnataka Branch

Date: Wed, Oct 26 2016 12:10PM
Subject: Re: Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] byOracle.
← Previous message | No next message

The buildium Property Management System is rather accessible. I conducted an evaluation of the application 2 or 3 years ago for WCAG 2.0/Section508 conformance.

Respectfully,
Thomas Lee McKeithan II | Optum Technology Solutions
Electronic Accessibility Engineer, UX Design Studio (UXDS)
MD018, 6220 Old Dobbin Lane, Columbia, MD, 21045, USA

T +1 443-896-0432
M +1 202-276-6437
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
www.optum.com

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Bishop, Jeff - (jeffbis)
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:31 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List

Hyatt has engaged Oracle on this but I am not sure on how or in what status. Again, email me privately to engage further on this as I don't want to clutter the list.

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:05 AM

I understand all that. All I wanted to know was if Access Bridge might be needed. If you've checked that and it is not needed, then I'd like to determine why JAWS isn't working and since this is an Oracle product, I'd like to help if I can.
Are there any tickets/bugs reported to Oracle?

From: Moore,Michael (Accessibility) (HHSC) [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:48 AM

The easiest way to determine if the Java Access Bridge is needed is to determine if the Java Runtime Environment is required JRE. If the JRE is required then the accessibility hooks are hidden in the JAB - the next issue will be determining which version and getting everything to behave properly together. We have run into a lot of problems with Java based applications for this reason. - This is not to be confused with JavaScript, the only thing that the JS and Java have in common is that both have Java in their name...

Mike Moore
Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Civil Rights Office
(512) 438-3431 (Office)

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:44 AM

Hi folks,

Can someone help?

Regards,

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica Hon. Joint Secretary, The National Association for the Blind, Karnataka Branch This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity
to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.