WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Questions about visual focus

for

Number of posts in this thread: 1 (In chronological order)

Date: Thu, Nov 17 2016 12:02PM
Subject: Questions about visual focus
No previous message | No next message

...sorry, didn't notice this was missing a subject line.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:59 PM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: RE: [WebAIM] [ವೆಬಿಂ] Can some 1 help me to understand between the visuall focus and screen reader focus?

Hey Shankar,

Focus is how we refer to the current element in a web page. For instance, tabbable elements like anchors and form elements will receive focus one at a time, in code order, when the tab key is repeatedly pressed. This order can be reversed by pressing shift+tab. Also, the contents of container elements can be read out one at a time, in code order, when the down or right arrow keys are repeatedly pressed. This order can be reversed by pressing the up or left arrow keys.

Visually impaired users may or may not be able to identify an issue with visible focus, depending on the severity of their visual impairment. Typically, we refer to a visible focus indicator, rather than visual focus. The visible focus indicator varies from browser to browser, but it is usually some kind of outline. When an element receives focus, it should display this visible focus indicator. This feature is useful for sighted keyboard-only users, because it allows them to track their current location in a web page. It is important to check for a visible focus indicator, because the default browser focus indicator can be obscured or removed by CSS styling during the development process.

I hope this helps!

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of shankar shan
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:29 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >; forum < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: [WebAIM] [ವೆಬಿಂ] Can some 1 help me to understand between the visuall focus and screen reader focus?

Hello all, greetings.

Can some 1 help me to understand between the visuall focus and screen reader focus?

Related to this topic, I have some questions.

1. What is the difference between the screen reader focus and the visuall focus.
2. How can a visually impaired tester identify issue with visuall focus.

ಹ್

--
jammed and internet hanged?Reach through the following means:
mobile: +91 9599194749
whats app: +91 7795927572
email: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Thanks and regards
Shankar
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.