WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Accordion question

for

Number of posts in this thread: 2 (In chronological order)

Date: Mon, Feb 03 2020 5:29PM
Subject: Accordion question
No previous message | Next message →

All,

This is a spin off question from prior question on expand / collapse thread.

In the accordion best practise 1.1. The document mentions in the keyboard section. Optionally the arrow keys can move between the accordion headings. In my mind this is similar to a tab list without the automatic update of the page. Other than providing better keyboard support. What is the difference between a tab list and a accordion? Both hide content until the user triggers the relevant value (tab or accordion button) to show the information. Tab list I assume can be vertically or horizontal layout. Can accordion be layout in the same fashion?

Sean

Date: Mon, Feb 03 2020 7:42PM
Subject: Re: Accordion question
← Previous message | No next message

Usually accordions have the hidden content immediately after the selector/tab and allow more than one piece of content to be exposed at a time.
I am not sure I was very clear, let me know if you have questions.

> On Feb 3, 2020, at 7:29 PM, Murphy, Sean < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> All,
>
> This is a spin off question from prior question on expand / collapse thread.
>
> In the accordion best practise 1.1. The document mentions in the keyboard section. Optionally the arrow keys can move between the accordion headings. In my mind this is similar to a tab list without the automatic update of the page. Other than providing better keyboard support. What is the difference between a tab list and a accordion? Both hide content until the user triggers the relevant value (tab or accordion button) to show the information. Tab list I assume can be vertically or horizontal layout. Can accordion be layout in the same fashion?
>
> Sean
>
>
> > > >