Evaluation Services FAQ
What information should I provide to WebAIM?
- How mature is your current accessibility effort?
- Which specific pages/views would you like included in the evaluated sample?
- Do you have a specific accessibility goal (e.g., WGAG 2.1 A/AA)?
- Are you responding to a legal complaint?
- Are you interested in other services, such as training, policy consultation, etc.?
What is an appropriate evaluation sample size?
A subset of ten to 25 pages/views—representing the various structures, layouts, widgets, and functions found throughout your site—is sufficient. The idea is for your team to learn from these recommendations and apply them broadly.
Since you know your site best, you are in the best position to propose the sample. After reviewing it, we may recommend a broader or narrower scope.
Can you provide a price quote?
Yes, we will commit to a quote upfront. The cost depends on the size and complexity of the sample. Most initial evaluations come out between $2,000 and $8,000, including a few hours for consultation. Follow-up evaluations are available at $190/hour, and typically involve around 50% of the effort of an initial evaluation.
What does an engagement look like?
- Define the scope and sample.
- Provide a proposal, quotation, and engagement agreement.
- Sechedule and perform the evaluation.
- Deliver your report.
- At your option...
- Consult with you to answer your questions about the report.
- Re-evaluate your site after recommendations have been implemented.
- Publish a certificate on our site attesting to your site's conformance.
What is your turnaround time?
Timing will be committed in the agreement. It depends on the project size and our resource availability; usually between 30 and 60 business days.