E-mail List Archives
Re: Making a grid of divs appear as a "table"
From: Gareth Dart
Date: Jun 18, 2008 2:30AM
- Next message: Paul Collins: "Re: Comparing WCAG 1 & WCAG 2"
- Previous message: Tech: "Making a grid of divs appear as a "table""
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Tech: "Making a grid of divs appear as a "table""
- View all messages in this Thread
Hello, and welcome to the list.
I'm a little unsure what you're trying to achieve below, however, one
thing I will say is that if you have a wadge of tabular data to display,
then use a table. Don't make the mistake (as many people do, with the
noblest intentions) of confusing the tenet 'tables should not be used
for page layout' with 'tables should not be used full stop'. Tables can
and should be used when they are the appropriate tool for the job, and
it sounds like they are for your purposes.
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211128 F 01242 211122 W www.hesa.ac.uk