E-mail List Archives
From: Karl Groves
Date: May 31, 2012 8:33PM
- Next message: John Foliot: "Re: Is WCAG a "Living" Document?"
- Previous message: Elle: "Re: reCAPTCHA"
- Next message in Thread: Randy Pope: "Re: reCAPTCHA"
- Previous message in Thread: Elle: "Re: reCAPTCHA"
- View all messages in this Thread
Halfway through the article I thought to myself "Oh, I know how they can
beat the exploit: Munge the sound even more and make it more inaccessible. "
Sure enough, that's exactly what they did. Ugh
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto:webaim-forum-
> <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Stella Mudd
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:42 PM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Subject: [WebAIM] reCAPTCHA
> Summary of the link below: Some guys figured out how to crack Google's
> reCAPTCHA by audio mining the audio description used by visually impaired
> users. To thwart this new security hole, Google has made it even more
> difficult to decipher the audio description.
> What can be done to stop reCAPTCHA from becoming increasingly
> inaccessible? Should we start a movement to kill reCAPTCHA? How about
> > > messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>