WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Bobby and asp

for

Date: Sep 9, 2002 1:03PM

"Bobby can be a tool, but it usually is only a starting point for Section 508 compliance."

I agree completely. As I said Bobby cannot be the only accessibility tool used on a site and though it is not "required," I think that Bobby Approved is a good first step. We must make sure, though, that it is not the only step in a website's journey to accessibility.

Tony
----- Original Message -----
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Bobby and asp

Clarification on your second point. I work for the Government, and we do not require Bobby Approved on our sites. The standard that any site developed for or by the Government must meet is the Section 508 subsection 1194.22 Web based and Internet applications. Bobby can be a tool, but it usually is only a starting point for Section 508 compliance. Our web developers are having better success with the Dream Weaver MX Section 508 tools.

Mark
----- Original Message -----
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 3:19 PM
Subject: Bobby and asp

Hi. How is Bobby going to work on sites written in asp? Is it going to analyze the html before or after the processing or does it matter? I know that there are some issues with Bobby and that it cannot be the only accessibility tool used on a site, but it seems to me that it is one of the most recognizable and that the US government, for whom I do some work, would like to see a "Bobby Approved" graphic on any site that they have an intere