E-mail List Archives
Re: Strike-through Text
From: Lucy Greco
Date: Mar 27, 2013 7:33PM
- Next message: Georg: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- Previous message: David Ashleydale: "Strike-through Text"
- Next message in Thread: Georg: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- Previous message in Thread: David Ashleydale: "Strike-through Text"
- View all messages in this Thread
I have never heard of anything that works to show this.
Web Access Analyst
IST-Campus Technology Services
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
Follow me on twitter @accessaces
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:12 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Strike-through Text
Have any of you ever come across an accessible solution for text with a
strike-through effect applied to it? I just saw an implementation that
"text-decoration: line-through" in the CSS, but JAWS 14 just reads the
text as if nothing is different about it at all.
And I think that <strike> and <s> are deprecated in HTML 4.
Would this need to be shored up for screen reading software with some
hidden text explaining that the words are struck out?
The example of this is a page that has a fee for something, but the fee is
struck out and the word "Free!" is placed after it. The page author wants
to show that there used to be a fee, but now it's free.
messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>