WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

learn HTML 5

for

Date: Mar 9, 2014 12:34PM

Hi Listers,

I have decided to learn HTML 5. I have done a very little bit of coding in HTML 4. I work as an assistant Section 508 coordinator for the US Department ofAgriculture. I thought actually becoming more fluint with HTML 5 and especially ARIA might be of help. I can read HTML and understand things like label, for, headings, and the theory behind everything. Where is the best place to start? Is there a tutorial I could take? I have been a programmer coding first in COBOL and then in Java, but my actual retirement might be coming soon after 40 years of federal service. Who knows, I might need money some time in the future.

Susie Stanzel

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.