WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Screen readable PDF forms

for

Date: Oct 24, 2014 9:03AM

> We have a matrix of radio buttons that will not remain in the correct reading order no matter what I do. It's laid out

It depends on whether you are using Acrobat Forms or LiveCycle forms. If you are using Acrobat forms -- the ones that you can insert from Adobe Acrobat Professional -- then you can specify the focus order follow the page tag structure or a prescribed focus order. You may need to specify the focus order if the document structure order is different from the intended order to complete the form. You can do this from the form editor.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Weissenberger, Todd M
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:57 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Screen readable PDF forms

We're rebuilding a series of PDF forms for some departments on campus, and I'm about at the end of my rope.

We have a matrix of radio buttons that will not remain in the correct reading order no matter what I do. It's laid out on top of a table (originally developed in MSWord). JAWS and NVDA render my tooltips only some of the time.

Anyone have a rock-solid method for creating complex forms in PDF (other formats are not an option, thanks) that read sequentially, and can tolerate a minor revision without falling completely apart?

Thanks,
Todd