WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

App Info Needed

for

Date: Dec 11, 2014 9:16AM

Hi. I hope you don't get 3 copies of this message or something, am u sing webmail.
The one I love is Taptapsee. The app itself is free to download, but eventually you do have to pay something for the ability to keep sending pictures to the server to be analyzed. It's cheap, but this could be a problem if the person doesn't have a credit card or some other way to pay the app store for more credits. You get 50 free pictures when you download it, but that will eventually run out, so there has to be a way to keep paying.
the other one which was cooler before but doesn't work as well now is called Vizwiz. It's free, but now I find you have to wait a lot longer for a response.
The other apps I like don't go to a human but they are scanning apps. There is Text Detective and Prismo. Both unfortunately cost money but you only have to pay once. Another app I like for identifying money is called LookTell money reader. It also costs, but you only have to pay once.
Yeah, clear as mud.
Carin

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:20 AM, D Headrick < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

#yiv6293437255 -- .yiv6293437255hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv6293437255 body.yiv6293437255hmmessage{font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}#yiv6293437255 Carin
Can you email some info on the app you were using that you take a photo of something and a real person gets back to you about the info in the picture or any other app you find that works well for you.  Does that make any sense to you? 
M.