E-mail List Archives

Re: FW: Shortened URLs and screenreaders

for

Date: Apr 23, 2015 10:32AM

Yes, the weba.im URL shortening service is public and open to anyone
to use freely.

Jared

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Natalie Jean < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> By "service" I mean the URL shortening tool. My impression is that anyone can use it since the following is stated at the bottom of the page: Provided as a community service by WebAIM. Am I correct?
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Natalie Jean
> Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:12 AM
> To: 'WebAIM Discussion List'
> Subject: RE: [WebAIM] Shortened URLs and screenreaders
>
> Jared, there are no restrictions on who can use this service, I assume. Am I correct?
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Jared Smith
> Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:44 PM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Shortened URLs and screenreaders
>
> As has been noted, there's no accessibility implications I'm aware of for shortened links, so long as it does an instant redirect and is not displaying the resulting site in a frame.
>
> Relevant to this discussion is http://weba.im/, an accessible URL shortening service that we developed here at WebAIM.
>
> Jared
> > > >
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information that is exempt from public disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please contact the sender (by phone or reply electronic mail) and then destroy all copies of the original message.
> > > >