WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: complex form questions

for

Date: Jun 16, 2016 2:28PM

Ref the height/width. What happens when you use the larger text option in IE ir magnify the page?

Sent from my iPhone

> On 17/06/2016, at 4:48 AM, Joseph Sherman < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> Hello all. I've been given a search application to check for accessibility. I am well versed in website audits but not quite as familiar with this type of complex interactive form. As usual it's after it's been built, making life more difficult.
>
> Anyway, the form allows students to search across 25 institutions for classes that meet any variety of criteria. I can't link to it as it's only available on internal network (I can provide code snippets if anyone really wants to help out). A few questions:
>
>
> 1) Is there any actual difference between using FOR and ID to associate labels vs using label element is as a container for both the form control and the label text? Any different behavior in various browser and AT, or mobile devices?
>
> 2) They currently have the form laid out in a bunch of table columns and rows. I know best practice is to use CSS for layout. Is adding role="presentation" to the layout tables sufficient?
>
> a. Also they are using <td height="20px" width="100px"> Is this ok, as I usually recommend using relative rather than absolute units.
>
> 3) What is the best way to code a search criteria with multiple fields like: Start Time (select from: equals, greater than, less than, between) and then the Time field?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
>
> Joseph
>
> > > >