WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Exclusions in Higher Ed Web Policies

for

Date: Sep 16, 2016 1:05PM

Right, and this, to me, would fall under Partial Conformance - Third Party Content in WCAG: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Understanding_Partial_Conformance_-_Third_Party_Content

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Moore,Michael (Accessibility) (HHSC)
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 3:03 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Exclusions in Higher Ed Web Policies

Obviously you would like to have everything be accessible but from a policy standpoint it may make more sense to exclude files where the university has no control over the content or publication.

Mike Moore
Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Civil Rights Office
(512) 438-3431 (Office)

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of James Bailey
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 1:59 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Exclusions in Higher Ed Web Policies

I've been reviewing various web accessibility policies from universities and colleges. Some policies exclude pages by students, employees etc. that are not specifically conducting university business. I'm interested in this group's thoughts on this.

Thanks,

James

James Bailey M.S.
Associate Director
Accessible Education Center
University of Oregon

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.