WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] byOracle.

for

Date: Oct 20, 2016 12:27PM

Also, do not forget to execute this to be on the safe side.

C:WhereJREIsInstalledbinabswitch.exe -enable

You would run that from an elevated command prompt.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Moore,Michael (Accessibility) (HHSC)
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:48 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.

The easiest way to determine if the Java Access Bridge is needed is to determine if the Java Runtime Environment is required JRE. If the JRE is required then the accessibility hooks are hidden in the JAB - the next issue will be determining which version and getting everything to behave properly together. We have run into a lot of problems with Java based applications for this reason. - This is not to be confused with JavaScript, the only thing that the JS and Java have in common is that both have Java in their name...

Mike Moore
Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Civil Rights Office
(512) 438-3431 (Office)

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:44 AM
Cc: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.
Importance: High

Is there a way I can look at this? I wonder if we need to make sure that the "Access Bridge" is not needed.

From: Bishop, Jeff - (jeffbis) [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 9:30 AM

I have a friend that works in the industry in Arizona who uses JAWS with the PMS. Specialized scripts had to be developed and they use the JAVA Access Bridge as a part of that framework.

I can get you in contact with them if needed.

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Srinivasu Chakravarthula
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 11:30 PM
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Opera Property Management System[PMS] by Oracle.

Hi folks,

Mujeeb (copied here) is looking for accessibility state of Opera Property Management System (PMS) by Oracle). They are in process of having a few of their clients who happens to be blind employed at a hospitality industry who uses this software; but it looks like the same is not accessible using screen readers such as JAWS / NVDA.

Can someone help?

Regards,

Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
Website: http://www.srinivasu.org | http://serveominclusion.com

Let's create an inclusive web!

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica Hon. Joint Secretary, The National Association for the Blind, Karnataka Branch