WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Errors with tab order and reading order in forms

for

Date: Nov 29, 2016 8:57AM

Ha! Thanks for the laugh, JP. There seems to be no reason why Acrobat is bumping the "no" of a yes/no pair of check boxes, for example, further down the page, and then telling me that this is where that check box should be.

Is it acceptable, then, that the tab order is set as "unspecified" in such cases for those pages?

Anne

On Nov 29, 2016, at 9:45 AM, JP Jamous wrote:

> I have not had the chance to do what Ann has done, but as a programmer, it is obvious why the tool is giving you errors. Jonathon is right about it. A program is dumb in the sense that it only does what it was told to do. It cannot make intelligent decisions like humans. If it does we won't need WCAG auditors.
>
> So your issue is that you are submissive to the tool. Don't let that dumb thing confuse you and convince you that it is smarter than your brain. If you know what you are doing, you can safely ignore those errors.
>
> My quote as a programmer to all programmers and developers, "If it works when you test it. Then, it is correct and no need to follow what your IDE tools tell you." You tested it and it worked. Do not analyze it. It ain't your job. *Smiles*.
>
>