WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: [CAUTION: Suspicious Link] Page Layout / Descriptive Link Question

for

Date: Oct 4, 2017 12:00PM

I set the standard at my agency to follow WCAG 2.0 Level AA plus two AAA's. One of them is SC 2.4.9 Link Purpose (Link Only) (AAA). I usually require the link text alone to be sufficient to identify the link. Finding it's context is sometimes problematic for the blind and those with limited vision. So is the aria workaround, as it only helps the blind with screen readers.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Greenfield, Mark
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 9:59 AM
To: ' <EMAIL REMOVED> ' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [CAUTION: Suspicious Link][WebAIM] Page Layout / Descriptive Link Question

PROCEED WITH CAUTION: This message triggered warnings of potentially malicious web content. Evaluate this email by considering whether you are expecting the message, along with inspection for suspicious links.

Questions: <EMAIL REMOVED>

Hi All,

I am looking for guidance on the layout for this page: https://hubsupport.buffalo.edu/students/index.php.

The current layout has dozens of links to "How to (PDF)" and "Video Tutorial". We are struggling with the best way to design this page to make it accessible by providing more descriptive links.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark
Mark A. Greenfield
Digital Strategist
109 Norton Hall
State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo, N.Y. 14260
telephone: (716)645-2811
e-mail: <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.