WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessible Drag and Drop

for

Date: Mar 2, 2018 9:51AM

I dont have a specific suggestion yet, but I will be heading into a project of this type very soon. I am needing to implement the ability to reorder form fields in a mobile app that is built with javascript. There will be a heavy reliance on iOS voiceover since most of our users are blind or have impaired vision.

Maybe something that allows for bumping items up or down by one and also move to top or bottom?

I will be following along if you find some things out for your project.

Thanks
Jeff

On Mar 2, 2018, 10:45 AM -0600, Lovely, Brian via WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> >, wrote:
> Since drag and drop has been dragged out of ARIA, I'm not sure how to best implement accessible drag and drop. Does anyone have any suggestions, examples, links, etc.?
> >
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
> > > >