WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: PDFs won't read to end

for

Date: Mar 4, 2018 6:43AM

Hello,

This could be because of the size of your document. At some point perhaps 100 pages, Acrobat changes from entire page mode to process each page mode. You should be able to adjust the page count where this happens if the computer being used has sufficient memory. Also, there is a keystroke to move to the next page I believe it is alt-pagedown, but it might be control-pagedown.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

> On Mar 3, 2018, at 9:56 PM, < <EMAIL REMOVED> > < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> Hello forum, this is my first post, so thank you for your patience. I assist with a website for disabled women and I am happy to find this forum. I have a Word-generated PDF that Jaws is having problems with. It stops at the end of each page. We do not have this issue with our other PDFs. Acrobat's Read Out Loud does not display the same behavior for me; it reads it to the end. I generated the PDF with both the accessibility/reflow and advanced tagging boxes enabled in the Acrobat tab in Word. I did not re-tag the document in Acrobat but I did add some alt text and delete some blank pages. The only other obvious difference is that this document also has bookmarks. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what to check?
>
> Thank you, Amy.
> > > >