E-mail List Archives
Re: question about font
From: Ratliff, Diana M.
Date: Sep 13, 2001 9:57AM
- Next message: Leo Smith: "image maps"
- Previous message: Michael R. Burks: "Words from Vinton Cerf"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Mark Mangennis: "Re: question about font"
- View all messages in this Thread
It's coincidental you should ask this, Rachael, because I just read an
article about it yesterday. Basically, the article concluded that while
Verdana is usually a very readable font, that it should be AVOIDED for web
pages (as should Arial) because Unix computers will view those pages poorly
(something about metrics being badly set and those two fonts looking very
The author recommends helvetica & sans-serif.
Head Underling & Accessible Design Specialist
IAT Services, Adaptive Computing Technology (ACT) Center
573/882-5958 * <EMAIL REMOVED>
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! (It comes bundled with the software.)