E-mail List Archives
Re: heading question
From: L Snider
Date: Dec 15, 2019 2:39PM
- Next message: Michael Ausbun: "Re: heading question"
- Previous message: Duff Johnson: "Re: heading question"
- Next message in Thread: Michael Ausbun: "Re: heading question"
- Previous message in Thread: Duff Johnson: "Re: heading question"
- View all messages in this Thread
The question I would have is why they do that...from people I talk with it
is because they have given up trying to get a proper heading structure, so
they take what they can get. Not sure you know that answer, but it would be
interesting to know...
> On Dec 14, 2019, at 18:42, Birkir R. Gunnarsson <
> <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> > These are the exceptions and consecutive heading levels are good
> > practice, but WCAG does not outright require them.
> > In recent usability testing with a number of screen reader users I've
> > found that very few use heading levels or even pay attention to them
> > much to my surprise. They do look for an h1 heading, but that's about
> > it.