WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: accessibility training courses

for

Date: Nov 7, 2022 9:53AM

It depends on which part of the accessibility industry you're in, such as websites, documents, apps, audio / video media, government, or academia. Although there's a lot of common concepts among those areas, they also are vastly different.

Is it time to acquire knowledge in one of those other areas?

A good place to get a smorgasbord of ideas is at next week's Accessing Higher Ground conference. https://accessinghigherground.org/ This year it will be an in-person conference with virtual attendance for some sessions, so it's not too late to register and attend. A couple of quick sessions might spark ideas of what you'd like to study next.

I've been in the accessibility field for more than 25 years and I always learn many new things, techniques or ideas at the AHG conference. (And I'm always proud to be accepted to present there, too.)

— — —
Bevi Chagnon | Designer, Accessibility Trainer | <EMAIL REMOVED>
— — —
PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing
consulting ' training ' development ' design ' sec. 508 services
Upcoming classes at www.PubCom.com/classes
— — —
Blog-a-Torials – www.PubCom.com/blog

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Nathan Clark
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2022 11:13 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] accessibility training courses

Dear list,

I am always looking for ways to find more skills and knowledge regarding digital accessibility to improve my skills. However the places that I normally go to don't really seem to have new and different courses for accessibility as I have taken all of their courses. Where do most people go to take and find courses? What organizations or websites do most people go to find training courses?
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nathan Clark

--
Nathan Clark
QA Automation Analyst Tech team
Accessibility assistant
CPACC
cell: 410-446-7259
email: <EMAIL REMOVED>
101 Village Blvd
Princeton, NJ 08540