WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: - VPAT use in Japan? (I already know the answer)

for

Date: May 23, 2023 9:52AM

Leigh,

Maybe a long shot but check out:

https://doit-japan.org/

One of the founders of this came and worked at DO-IT at the University of Washington around 2004 and another person was a visiting scholar in 2010. They worked with UW to learn about our US laws around disability support and then took some of that experience to make their own program in Tokyo. I bet that if you reached out to the contact email on their page they could tell you more about what their process is for getting accessible content to then serve students with disabilities.

Web site contact shows:
<EMAIL REMOVED>

Doug Hayman
IT Accessibility Coordinator
Information Technology
Olympic College
<EMAIL REMOVED>
(360) 475-7632

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Mosley, Leigh via WebAIM-Forum
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 7:39 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Cc: Mosley, Leigh < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [WebAIM] VPAT use in Japan? (I already know the answer)

CAUTION: This email came from a non-OC system or external source. Beware of phishing and social engineering!

Hello everyone,

I'm getting a bit of pushback to our VPAT request from a Japanese publisher. They want to know if other Japanese companies provide VPATs for their American institutional customers. I have not personally managed to get a VPAT from the handful of Japanese publishers/vendors that I have contacted, but maybe someone else out there has accomplished this? I'd love to be able to respond with at least a couple of company names.

Thanks, and apologies for cross-posting.

Leigh Mosley
Accessibility Coordinator
University of Tennessee Libraries
1015 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37996-1000
865-974-0011
<EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >
[The University of Tennessee Knoxville logo]