WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: an accessible version of Adobe Acrobat Pro

for

Date: Sep 18, 2023 10:50AM

You're experiencing the new user interface in the latest release of Adobe Acrobat (includes Reader, Standard, and Pro versions). It's extremely inaccessible to those using screen readers, and we're working with Adobe's engineers to get that corrected.

In the meantime, you can revert to the classic interface — in other words, what it was before the update — by going to the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal bar menu that replaces the old File menu, keyboard shortcut = Alt + F) and selecting Disable New Acrobat that's about 18 items from the top of the menu.

You might have to exit and reboot Acrobat in order for the change to take, and you might even have to reboot your computer. That's just the nature of Acrobat itself.

Adobe needs to hear about the accessibility issues directly from those using screen readers and other assistive technologies. Please consider posting your experience at (Warning, long URL and this email format doesn't allow Alt Text) https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-the-2023-user-interface-in-acrobat

This is the website Adobe uses to hear feedback from users. They are very aware of the new Acrobat's failures, but we need to hear from more people with disabilities about the accessibility issues. Your opinion there, at this time, is very important.

—Bevi

— — —
Bevi Chagnon | Designer, Accessibility Technician | <EMAIL REMOVED>
— — —
PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing
consulting • training • development • design • sec. 508 services
Upcoming classes at www.PubCom.com/classes
— — —
Latest blog-newsletter – Simple Guide to Writing Alt-Text

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2023 12:27 PM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] an accessible version of Adobe Acrobat Pro

Hi all,

I am a screenreader user and have now the last version of acrobat pro.

It is very, very bad and I hate it.

Please, can me someone send me the link, which give me an accessible version.

Excuse me, but i don’t find the mail, where it is.

Friendly Regards,

Harry
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Harald Fiedler
TROTZ-DEM e.U.
Sensibilisierungsdienstleistung

Mobil: +43 664 871 24 02
Mail: <EMAIL REMOVED>
www.trotz-dem.at