WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: - Video Accessibility

for

Date: Jun 10, 2024 3:48PM

And AblePlayer does have an interactive transcript which can be useful from a multi-modal UI/UX perspective.

Cheers,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Hayman, Douglass
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2024 10:19 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] [EXTERNAL] - Video Accessibility

For several years there has been a contest between the Oz player and AblePlayer. Oz has had limited resources to keep up to date from what I've heard.

Here is the AblePlayer example page

https://ableplayer.github.io/ableplayer/demos/

Try out some of the demos to see the number of player controls and capabilities.

One can change speed, turn audio description on/off, see transcript, see breakout window with sign language interpreter and more.

Doug Hayman
IT Accessibility Coordinator
Information Technology
Olympic College
<EMAIL REMOVED>
(360) 475-7632

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Radhika Soni
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2024 7:56 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [WebAIM] Video Accessibility

CAUTION: This email came from a non-OC system or external source. Beware of phishing and social engineering!

Hi All,

I hope you're having a great Monday! I have a quick question about video accessibility. I wanted to check if you have any recommendations for making only videos accessible. According to WCAG AA guidelines, we need to provide audio descriptions or transcripts for videos only. However, I haven't seen many websites doing this for embedded videos on their homepages. Do you have any inspiration or visual designs for the best way to display many controls on an embedded video?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Radhika