E-mail List Archives
RE: Contrast issue
From: Glenda Watson Hyatt
Date: Apr 27, 2006 10:30PM
- Next message: Steven Faulkner: "RE: Contrast issue"
- Previous message: John S. Britsios: "Contrast issue"
- Next message in Thread: Steven Faulkner: "RE: Contrast issue"
- Previous message in Thread: John S. Britsios: "Contrast issue"
- View all messages in this Thread
John S. Britsios writes:
For our site's main navigation we have white text over a graphic with a
gradient from darker to lighter orange.
The contrast here is not very great. See here: http://www.webnauts.net
However, if the graphics are turned off in the browser, or the style
sheet is turned off, the contrast is 100% efficient.
Is this an accessibility violation?
I'm not sure if it is a 'violation' per se, but I'm thinking people with
colour blindness or low vision, who surf with the graphics or stylesheets
turned on, may have difficulty seeing the white on orange. White on purple
may be more contrasting.
Glenda Watson Hyatt, Principal
Soaring Eagle Communications
Accessible websites. Accessible content. Accessible solutions.
Watch for my autobiography I'll Do It Myself due out November 2006!
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.5.0/325 - Release Date: 4/26/2006