WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?

for

Number of posts in this thread: 5 (In chronological order)

Date: Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:14AM
Subject: Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?
No previous message | Next message →

Hello,

If you use screen‑reader software, are blind, are at least 18 years of age, and if you have an interest in helping to improve the quality and consistency in text-based descriptions for the blind (such as alt-text/long descriptions), I would very much like to include your opinions in my dissertation study. My study focuses on improving text-based descriptions for the blind. The survey consists of 12 questions and is designed to be completed in less than 15 minutes. It has also been tested to ensure screen‑reader compatibility and keyboard-based navigation.

The survey can be completed anonymously, and you will not receive any follow-up contact from me—or anyone—about the survey or your responses. However, for those who indicate that it is okay to do so via their survey responses, please note that I am planning to conduct follow-up one-on-one interviews (30 to 60 minutes) and a group teleconference about improving text-based descriptions (60 to 90 minutes). If you have an interest in participating in that conference call, please be sure to provide contact information where requested in the survey. Compensation in the amount of $15.00 will be provided in the form of an Amazon gift card (or other like retailer) to those who participate in the individual interview. Due to technical limitations, not everyone can be invited to participate in the group teleconference. For those who do participate in the teleconference, additional compensation of $25.00 will be offered through gift card.

If you have any questions about the survey, its aim and potential use, or my dissertation, please contact me. Your participation is completely voluntary and all information gathered will be used exclusively for my research. This survey has been approved by the TTU Institutional Review Board.

Please feel free to forward this survey link onward to other individuals you think might have an interest in participating.

Here is the link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SZXHYH3.

Respectfully,
Cristopher Broyles, Doctoral Candidate

Technical Communication and Rhetoric

Texas Tech University

and

Sean Zdenek, PhD
Principal Investigator

Date: Wed, Dec 04 2013 10:22AM
Subject: Re: Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?
← Previous message | Next message →

Hello,

If you use screen‑reader software, are blind, are at least 18 years of age, and if you have an interest in helping to improve the quality and consistency in text-based descriptions for the blind (such as alt-text/long descriptions), I would very much like to include your opinions in my dissertation study. My study focuses on improving text-based descriptions for the blind. The survey consists of 12 questions and is designed to be completed in less than 15 minutes. It has also been tested to ensure screen‑reader compatibility and keyboard-based navigation.

The survey can be completed anonymously, and you will not receive any follow-up contact from me—or anyone—about the survey or your responses. However, for those who indicate that it is okay to do so via their survey responses, please note that I am planning to conduct follow-up one-on-one interviews (30 to 60 minutes) and a group teleconference about improving text-based descriptions (60 to 90 minutes). If you have an interest in participating in that conference call, please be sure to provide contact information where requested in the survey. Compensation in the amount of $15.00 will be provided in the form of an Amazon gift card (or other like retailer) to those who participate in the individual interview. Due to technical limitations, not everyone can be invited to participate in the group teleconference. For those who do participate in the teleconference, additional compensation of $25.00 will be offered through gift card.

If you have any questions about the survey, its aim and potential use, or my dissertation, please contact me. Your participation is completely voluntary and all information gathered will be used exclusively for my research. This survey has been approved by the TTU Institutional Review Board.

Please feel free to forward this survey link onward to other individuals you think might have an interest in participating.

Respectfully,

Texas Tech University

and

Sean Zdenek, PhD
Principal Investigator

Date: Wed, Dec 04 2013 12:12PM
Subject: Re: Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?

Mr. Broyles,

The link does not work.

Sincerely,

Mike Burks

From: "Broyles, Cristopher" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
To: " = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = " < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:22 PM
Subject: [WebAIM] Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?

Hello,

The survey can be completed anonymously, and you will not receive any follow-up contact from me—or anyone—about the survey or your responses. However, for those who indicate that it is okay to do so via their survey responses, please note that I am planning to conduct follow-up one-on-one interviews (30 to 60 minutes) and a group teleconference about improving text-based descriptions (60 to 90 minutes).  If you have an interest in participating in that conference call, please be sure to provide contact information where requested in the survey. Compensation in the amount of $15.00 will be provided in the form of an Amazon gift card (or other like retailer) to those who participate in the individual interview. Due to technical limitations, not everyone can be invited to participate in the group teleconference. For those who do participate in the teleconference, additional compensation of $25.00 will be offered through gift card.

Respectfully,

Texas Tech University

and

Sean Zdenek, PhD
Principal Investigator

Date: Wed, Dec 04 2013 12:20PM

FWIW, the link worked for me.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Michael Burks < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> Mr. Broyles,
>
> The link does not work.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Burks
>
>
>
> > From: "Broyles, Cristopher" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
> To: " = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = " < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
> Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:22 PM
> Subject: [WebAIM] Survey About Text-Equivalent Descriptions for the Blind
> - Do You Want to Help Improve Descriptions Written for the Blind?
>
>
> Hello,
>
> If you use screen-reader software, are blind, are at least 18 years of
> age, and if you have an interest in helping to improve the quality and
> consistency in text-based descriptions for the blind (such as alt-text/long
> descriptions), I would very much like to include your opinions in my
> dissertation study. My study focuses on improving text-based descriptions
> for the blind. The survey consists of 12 questions and is designed to be
> completed in less than 15 minutes. It has also been tested to ensure
> screen-reader compatibility and keyboard-based navigation.
>
> The survey can be completed anonymously, and you will not receive any
> follow-up contact from me--or anyone--about the survey or your responses.
> However, for those who indicate that it is okay to do so via their survey
> responses, please note that I am planning to conduct follow-up one-on-one
> interviews (30 to 60 minutes) and a group teleconference about improving
> text-based descriptions (60 to 90 minutes). If you have an interest in
> participating in that conference call, please be sure to provide contact
> information where requested in the survey. Compensation in the amount of
> $15.00 will be provided in the form of an Amazon gift card (or other like
> retailer) to those who participate in the individual interview. Due to
> technical limitations, not everyone can be invited to participate in the
> group teleconference. For those who do participate in the teleconference,
> additional compensation of $25.00 will be offered through gift card.
>
>
>
> If you have any questions about the survey, its aim and potential use, or
> my dissertation, please contact me. Your participation is completely
> voluntary and all information gathered will be used exclusively for my
> research. This survey has been approved by the TTU Institutional Review
> Board.
>
>
>
> Please feel free to forward this survey link onward to other individuals
> you think might have an interest in participating.
>
>
>
> Here is the link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SZXHYH3.
>
> Respectfully,
> Cristopher Broyles, Doctoral Candidate
>
> Technical Communication and Rhetoric
>
> Texas Tech University
>
>
>
> and
>
>
>
> Sean Zdenek, PhD
> Principal Investigator
> > > > > > >

Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:28AM
← Previous message | No next message

Hello,

Respectfully,

Texas Tech University

and

Sean Zdenek, PhD
Principal Investigator