WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Beatle Brunch Club Site?

for

Number of posts in this thread: 6 (In chronological order)

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 10:50AM
Subject: Beatle Brunch Club Site?
No previous message | Next message →

This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.

I’ve been trying to access a site “beatlebrunchclub.com” for some time. I’m using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can send my way.

-Diane H.

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 11:07AM
Subject: Re: Beatle Brunch Club Site?
← Previous message | Next message →

Hi Diane,

Could you describe some of the issues you are having with the site?

Thanks,
David

On Sunday, July 6, 2014, Diane Hubbard < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be
> willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.
>
> I've been trying to access a site "beatlebrunchclub.com" for some time.
> I'm using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help anyone can send my way.
>
> -Diane H.
> > > >

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 5:25PM

Hi David,

Well, for one thing, they have a radio program weekly and, extra material not in the program. This is a paid membership so I’d like to access what’s there. I have a hard time, for instance, when I listen to part One, navigating to the next part. Also, I can’t figure out how to access my account.

Thanks for any help,
-Diane H.
On Jul 6, 2014, at 1:07 PM, David Ashleydale < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> Could you describe some of the issues you are having with the site?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> On Sunday, July 6, 2014, Diane Hubbard < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
>> This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be
>> willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.
>>
>> I’ve been trying to access a site “beatlebrunchclub.com” for some time.
>> I’m using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help anyone can send my way.
>>
>> -Diane H.
>> >> >> >>
> > >

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 5:25PM

On a Macintosh there are several buttons available within a table. Try interacting with the table. Another thing you could do is use the web rotar command-option-U and look for buttons. The images on the buttons are not correctly labeled, but the image names are fairly descriptive.

I would love to understand why the Mac does not realize that the table on this site is for layout purposes and is not a “data table”

Best wishes,

Jonathan

On Jul 6, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Diane Hubbard < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.
>
> I’ve been trying to access a site “beatlebrunchclub.com” for some time. I’m using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.
>
>
> -Diane H.
> > >

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 5:27PM

You’re right. I figured out how to sign in, and for sure it was easy enough to obtain my membership. I will try contacting this guy and see if that will get some response.

Thanks,

-Diane
On Jul 6, 2014, at 1:12 PM, J. B-Vincent < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> There seem to be a lot of buttons with the ALT attribute "Top Menu" regardless of the purpose of the button, and two form fields without LABEL markup. So not a surprise that you're having problems. There's a link at the bottom for "Donnie G" who I assume is the webmaster, so you might start by contacting him.
>
>
>
> > From: Diane Hubbard < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
> To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
> Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:50 PM
> Subject: [WebAIM] Beatle Brunch Club Site?
>
>
> This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.
>
> I’ve been trying to access a site “beatlebrunchclub.com” for some time. I’m using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.
>
>
> -Diane H.
> > > > > >

Date: Sun, Jul 06 2014 5:35PM
← Previous message | No next message

Thank You, Jonathan,

I really don’t feel so badly now that I’ve gotten input from you and others. I will try this and then contact this Donny G.

-Diane
On Jul 6, 2014, at 7:25 PM, Jonathan C. Cohn < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:

> On a Macintosh there are several buttons available within a table. Try interacting with the table. Another thing you could do is use the web rotar command-option-U and look for buttons. The images on the buttons are not correctly labeled, but the image names are fairly descriptive.
>
> I would love to understand why the Mac does not realize that the table on this site is for layout purposes and is not a “data table”
>
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jonathan
>
>
>
> On Jul 6, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Diane Hubbard < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
>> This may seem trivial to most here but maybe someone will be willing to take a look at this site for me and give me suggestions.
>>
>> I’ve been trying to access a site “beatlebrunchclub.com” for some time. I’m using an IMac and am having some trouble accessing things on this site.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help anyone can send my way.
>>
>> -Diane H.
>> >> >> >
> > >