E-mail List Archives
Re: WCAG and various Laws
From: Geof Collis
Date: Mar 30, 2010 11:00AM
- Next message: Simius Puer: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Next message in Thread: Simius Puer: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message in Thread: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- View all messages in this Thread
If anyone has read the new Section 508 draft and can provide info
related to the level of conformance with links that'd be great and
any info to other Countries that have adopted WCAG 2.0 would help as well.
So far I have the following:
World Wide Compliance:
Accessibility of Australian Government websites was mandated as an
opt-out arrangement by the Secretaries ICT Governance Board (SIGB) in
Compliance will be required at Level A by 2012, and Double A by 2015.
Switzerland has updated its guidelines for accessible websites to
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
On 26 January 2010 the Federal IT Council
(FITC) in Switzerland (Informatikrat des Bundes - IRB) accepted
with unanimous consent the changes to standard P028 Version 2.0. As a
result of these changes, existing federal websites must meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA
by 31 December 2010. New federal websites must meet this
conformance level immediately.