E-mail List Archives
Re: Bold Italics
Date: Sep 25, 2012 11:57PM
- Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Bold Italics"
- Previous message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Bold Italics"
- Next message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Bold Italics"
- Previous message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Bold Italics"
- View all messages in this Thread
What information is conveyed to a sighted reader by the use of both bold and italic?
Typically, I don't think it's more specific than "this has emphasis, but is different than those things that are only bold or only italic."
Do they also require bold text and also italic text? Just how many nuanced layers of meaning does anyone think is possible with type?
Sent from a mobile device.
On Sep 25, 2012, at 1:22 PM, "Bevi Chagnon" < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> I have a client that needs to use both bold and italics on a section of text
> that will be used on webpages.
> Bold = <strong> and Italics =<em>, but what is recommended for bold+italics
> on that text?
> --Bevi Chagnon
> Bevi Chagnon, <EMAIL REMOVED>
> PubCom - Trainers, consultants, designers, and developers
> Print, Web, Acrobat, XML, eBooks, and Federal Section 508 Accessibility
> * It's our 30th Year! *
> > >