WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: aria-describedby in JAWS 14

for

Date: Oct 26, 2012 11:36AM

Hi,

No, I am using JAWS V14 and when I went to the test page that you mentioned, I got the same problem with JAWSS 14 reading the aria-described lines twice.

David

David K. Patterson, Ph.D.
Manager - Assistive Technology Lab

Assistive Technology Group
Information Technology Division
One Ashburton Place, Room 1601
Boston, MA 02108

Phone: 617-626-4650
Cellular: 617-733-0272

Email: <EMAIL REMOVED>

AT Lab: 617-626-4462
Web: www.mass.gov/accessibility/

"The ITD Assistive Technology Group provides guidance
on how to create accessible applications, websites, and
information content that is fully accessible by everyone."

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of GILLENWATER, ZOE M
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:22 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] aria-describedby in JAWS 14

Hi,

Does anyone know whether JAWS 14 has fixed the bug of aria-describedby content being read twice? See this page for a demo of this problem: http://wps.pearsoned.com/WAI_ARIA_Testing/221/56717/14519713.cw/index.html. I don't see this as being fixed in Freedom Scientific's list of enhancements, but I don't think their list is comprehensive (http://freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/JAWS14-previous-enhancements.asp). I'm not able to download version 14 right now to test it myself.

As a side note, does anyone know of a way to work around or avoid triggering this bug in JAWS 13?

Thanks,
Zoe

Zoe Gillenwater
Web Accessibility Technical Architect
AT&T Consumer Digital Experience

o: 919-241-4083
e: <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >

4625 Creekstone Dr | Durham, NC 27703

This email and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other uses, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.