WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Stories of engagement with OER Access (MERLOT)

for

Date: Apr 22, 2013 4:43PM

All,

I emailed the webmaster of the MERLOT site and suggested they had accessibility issues. They are aware and are working on an update. Given this is hosted at a CSU campus, they have access to the HiSoft testing tool and somewhat of a mandate to make sites accessible. I offered to take a peek at their revised design as it develops (as I'm suer others on this list would do).

I've also forwarded this email response to the MERLOT folks so they are aware of George's issue and that the list is "watching" their site.

;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick Hill, Web CMS Administrator
University Communications, UC Davis

From: "GF Mueden@" < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>
Reply-To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>
Date: Monday, April 22, 2013 2:37 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Stories of engagement with OER Access (MERLOT)

Anna I went to the site and found it inaccessible at my magnification,
about 200%.
If you would iike a screenshot, please send me the limk and an email
address,
George <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >

On 4/22/2013 11:43 AM, Gruszczynska, Anna wrote:
Dear all,

I am involved with the ACTOER (actoer.referata.com - Accessibility Challenged and Techniques for Open Educational Resources) and found the help of the list invaluable before. At the moment/ we are looking at stories of making OERs (more) accessible especially in the context of engaging with repositories. Has anybody on the list used resources developed by and/or contributed to the OER Access project (http://oeraccess.merlot.org/)? If that is the case, could you come back to me at <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> > and share your experiences, no matter how small your involvement was?

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Anna Gruszczynska