WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: experiences with Taleo -- a system for career search

for

Date: Jul 15, 2013 8:49AM

I'm blind and recently used Taleo when I applied for a job with a major employer in our city. I am now discussing the failings of Taleo with their HR and EEOC departments.

I experienced several issues, including:
-mislabeled forms
-required fields are marked with an asterisk, but this is not conveyed through metadata sothat screen reader users have access to this information.
-I *think I was not receiving adequate text feedback from the form about errors that I needed to correct.

I might ignore such details on a shopping site or news blog, but employment applications are detail oriented and high-stakes. Personally, I find these design shortcomings unacceptable and careless.the HR department of

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Jennifer Sutton
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:33 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] experiences with Tal eo -- a system for career search

WebAIM folks:

I've been looking at an implementation of Taleo's career search system on behalf of a client. I only have access to the front-end output, so I don't have a ton of detail, at this point.

I am wondering if any of you have worked with it, know about vendor plans to improve accessibility, have suggestions for customizations, etc.
If you have a specific point of contact, who you know is focusing on accessibility, please feel free to contact me offlist with that information.

I hate re-inventing the wheel, so I thought I'd check in with the list about this before I take a second look.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Best,
Jennifer