WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: PowerPoint accessibility-alt question

for

Date: Apr 22, 2014 12:20PM

Unless you are really sure of your markup, I would be careful about converting the PowerPoint to PDF.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:07 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] PowerPoint accessibility-alt question

Just wondering....so you have evidence to support that PDF is accessible to AT users on Macs and IOS?

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA), Standards QA Architect JPMC dCE eCAT

JPMC Digital | Wilmington, DE | <EMAIL REMOVED> | Office: 302-282-1439 | Ext: 21439 | Cell: 703-371-5545 | LinkedIn Profile

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Lisa Snider
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:55 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] PowerPoint accessibility-alt question

Hi Jeff,

In this case I wanted to keep the presentation in PowerPoint. I will later make the PP into a PDF-but at least this way I know it will be accessible to start with (or as accessible as possible).

Cheers

Lisa

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Jeff Howcroft < <EMAIL REMOVED> >wrote:

> There are always going to issues with making office documents totally
> accessible.
>
> Why not convert the Power Point to PDF.
>
>
>

--
Lisa Snider
Electronic Records Archivist
Harry Ransom Center
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7219
Austin, Texas 78713-7219
P: 512-232-4616
www.hrc.utexas.edu
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.