WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 139, Issue 6

for

Date: Oct 7, 2016 4:10PM

What version of JAWS? What version of Word? Did you save it as HTML and inspect the image elements?

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Sarah McManus
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 4:13 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 139, Issue 6

I have a Word doc that passes the Accessibility Checker and follows all the best practices from what I can tell but JAWS 17 will not recognize any of the images. I put in the alt tags but JAWS says, "blank" and skips over it.

Any thoughts?

Sarah McManus, Ph.D.

Director | Digital Learning

Education Services for the Deaf and Blind

North Carolina Department of Public Instruction

Raleigh, NC

[P] 919-715-1476

Visit us on the website at www.ncpublicschools.org<;http://www.ncpublicschools.org/>;.

***All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement***

From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > on behalf of <EMAIL REMOVED> < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 2:00 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 139, Issue 6

Send WebAIM-Forum mailing list submissions to
<EMAIL REMOVED>

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://list.webaim.org/mailman/listinfo/webaim-forum
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
<EMAIL REMOVED>

You can reach the person managing the list at
<EMAIL REMOVED>

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of WebAIM-Forum digest..."

Visit us on the web at www.ncpublicschools.org. All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.